2013年8月20日星期二

【地道英語】Keep me posted 堅持联系

  Neil: Hello, I'm Neil.

  Helen: 还有我 Helen. Neil, 你来日怎麼?

  Neil: Not good.

  Helen: 怎樣啦?


 

  Neil: I posted my house-keys.

  Helen: 你把你年夜門鑰匙給寄走了?哎呀,你是不是是搞錯了,把鑰匙噹做信給扔疑筒裏了?

  Neil: Yes, I got it mixed up. Instead of putting a letter in, I put my keys in.

  Helen: Oh dear.

  Neil: But I have my address attached to my keys, so maybe they'll get back to me.

  Helen: Yes, 能夠好心人會寄回來給你。不过你能够里對更大年夜的危嶮,由於有人既有你的住址疑息又有你的大門鑰匙。

  Neil: Oh no, burglars might get in! I'd better wait outside to see what happens.

  Helen: OK, good luck.

  Neil: I'll keep you posted. See you later!

  Helen: Neil 讲 keep me posted. 那並非說他要把我給寄走。這個艱深短語的意義是他會跟我堅持联系,告诉我事务開展的情况。請聽以下几個例子:

  I don't know what time they're arriving, but I'll keep you posted!

  Keep me posted on how things go in your new job!

  I kept them posted on what was happening.

  Helen: 渴望 Neil 能找回他的大門鑰匙. Hello?

  Neil: Hi, it's Neil.

  Helen: Neil! Any news

  Neil: Well, someone posted my keys back to me.

  Helen: Great!

  Neil: But they put them through the letterbox!

  Helen: Oh no. 你的鑰匙返來了,但您被鎖正正在門中了。

  Neil: And I'm stuck! I tried to get through a window but I don't fit. I'm half-in, half-out.

  Helen: 甚麼?你被窗戶夾住了!

  Neil: Thank goodness for that, help must be arriving.

  Police: Don't move!

  Neil: Does it look like I can move?

  Police: Hands on your head!

  Helen: 聽起往有人報警了,他們確定以為 Neil 唸偷貨色。

  Neil: But, this is my house!

  Police: Is it indeed?

  Helen: 我不跟你多講了,你先戰差人說明吧。But do keep me posted Neil!

  Neil: Keep you posted! How am I going to do that if I'm locked up? Arrested for for breaking into my own house!

  Helen: Bye!

没有评论:

发表评论